Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
Share |


About 5-15% of children have mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, and behavior problems. Most of these children have primary care physicians, often pediatricians, who recognize problems and may refer to mental health specialists for care. Children with behavior problems or learning problems may be seen by school psychologists or school counselors who receive special training in addressing problems affecting school performance. Children requiring more specialized care may be referred to child psychologists, who have completed specialty training during graduate school, internship, or post-graduate fellowship training.

Developing a Safe School Environment

Tornadoes, Hurricanes, and Children

Helping Children Cope with Disaster - 1

Helping Children Cope with Disaster - 2


For more information on childhood development and disorders, click this link:



About WVPA
Board of Directors
Facts vs. Myths
Find a Psychologist
For Legislators
Improving Quality Care Access
Links of Interest
Psychological Resource
Quality Care for Families and Individuals
Quality Care for Seniors
Quality Care for Veterans

Contact Us

Post Office Box 58058
Charleston, WV 25358-0058
304 345 5805
Association Management Software Powered by®  ::  Legal