2011 Spring CE Event
April 29, 2011
Please join your colleagues for the 2011 West Virginia Psychological Association Spring CE Event on Friday, April 29, at the WVU Building on the campus of Charleston Area Medical Center in the Kanawha City area of Charleston. The address is 3110 MacCorkle Ave., SE. Your registration will include continental breakfast, two breaks, lunch and all session materials as provided by our speakers. Sessions include:
A Pill for Every Patient? Chronic Pain and Opiod Addiction
Introduction to the MMPI-2-RF
Medicaid – It’s a Mad, Mad World
"What" and "How": A Primer on Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
WVPA Spring Business Meeting
While the conference is on the campus of CAMC in Kanawha City, a block of rooms for those coming in Friday night has been reserved at the Holiday Inn Express, Civic Center, 100 Civic Center Drive, Charleston. To make your reservation by the April 8 deadline, use the room block code WVP online at www.holidayinnexpresscharlestonwv.com or when you call (304) 345-0600. The cost of a room is $105.28 per room, including tax, parking, internet and hot buffet breakfast.
WVPA is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. APA Standards for awarding credit prohibit offering variable credit for partial workshop attendance. Those arriving late or leaving a workshop early will not receive CE credit. The WVPA maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. Attendance at morning and afternoon sessions will earn a total of six (6) CE credits.
• Registration begins at 8:00 AM.
• Parking is available on the CAMC campus.
• This facility is fully handicapped accessible. If you have a disability that requires special accommodations or assistance to attend this event, please call WVPA at 304.345.5805.
• The workshops begin promptly at 8:30 AM.
• Lunch and two refreshment breaks are provided.
• Skill level: Psychologists at all levels.
• APA Standards for awarding credit prohibit offering variable credit for partial workshop attendance. Those arriving late or leaving a workshop early will not receive CE credit. WVPA maintains responsibility for the program.
• An additional $20 will be charged for on-site registrants.
• Registrations can be made online, by mail or by fax.
• Payment must accompany all registrations.
Grievances about the workshop may be addressed to the WVPA in writing.
Cancellations: Registration is payable in full PRIOR to the event. We cannot guarantee on-site registration space, handouts, name badges or meals. Please pre-register before April 8, 2011. In the event of a cancellation prior to 72 hours before the event (by noon), all fees paid shall be refunded except for a $25 per person processing charge. Cancellations less than 72 hours before (by noon) shall be subject to an additional processing charge of 50% of the published selected fee of the event registration to cover costs incurred in sponsoring the program.